Autumn and spring.
The cours is a compulsory part of the English one-year study.
- Knowledge about the language, how it is used and constructed
- Ability to use English fluently and correctly
- Awareness of typical mistakes made by Norwegian learners
- Be able to use grammatical terminology as a tool for understanding the English language
This course will include syntactic analysis, conjugation, idioms, etc. The course will give a general introduction to and cover the various aspects of English grammar. Theory will form an essential part of the course, but the main objective is to enable the students to explain and use grammar competently. Therefore, practical tasks and assignments will be used, and the teaching will be a mixture of lecturing and workshops. Translation and correcting mistakes will also be part of the course.
The course will be taught as a mixture of lectures and workshops.
- Compulsory attendance
- 1 assignment approved by tutor
- 1 four-hour test
Dypedahl M., Hasselgård H. Løken B : Introducing English Grammar.